Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 6: Connections and Progressions


Greetings Everyone!

      This week was a very exciting week! My job this week was to talk to dyslexia centers and inform them of the research that I was part of. We were seeking their cooperation in order to increase the number of participants that have dyslexia. Out of the six centers I called, I was able to get two dyslexia centers to agree. (One said no and the other four still have to get back to me).

      With the two dyslexia centers in agreement, we are planning to give the questionnaires to the participants next week. I am excited to be getting more data and seeing where our questionnaire holds. With our current data, it seems like our questionnaire is pretty accurate. We have tuned some parts of the questionnaire to make it more precise and straight to the point. We also have reduced the number of questions to make sure that the parents and children can finish the test within 15 minutes--usually the time spent in the waiting room before the doctor's appointment. The current test of the questionnaire is also to confirm whether the changes we have made make a positive impact on the data.

Thanks for tuning in!

Until next time,
Ritika Gupta:)

3 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you're getting all this data. Also, smart idea making the test easily finished in waiting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to hear about how the questionnaire is evolving during this process. Were you aware that you would be part of its development, or did you anticipate the questionnaire was already complete?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for question! When I first joined the research, Dr. Khurana had told me how they had already tested version 1 of the questionnaire and they had made some edits to create it into version 2. Upon my first look at the data for some of the testing that had been started for version 2, I saw some areas in which could be changed. I knew we needed to make fine-tune adjustments, but nothing large. But now, after all the edits we have made, the questionnaire seems to be very close to completion!

      Delete